[albatross-users] Documentation test case fails on amd64

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Wed Mar 14 12:08:43 EST 2007

>I got a Debian bug report about the albatross build failing on amd64.
>The build fails on a documentation test because the Python built-in
>hash() function doesn't return the same value on all platforms:
>
>Testing "doctest/tags-value1" failed, Line 6: output does not match
>example
>Expected:
>hash('spam') is 1626740519
>
>Got:
>hash('spam') is -1840390907728881881

Thanks for the report, Fabian. I've changed the example to the simpler:

    >>> import albatross
    >>> ctx = albatross.SimpleContext('.')
    >>> ctx.locals.items = ['pencil', 'eraser', 'lunchbox']
    >>> albatross.Template(ctx, '<magic>', '''
    ... There are <al-value expr="len(items)" whitespace> items
    ... ''').to_html(ctx)
    >>> ctx.flush_content()
    There are 3 items