[albatross-users] validate_request in Albatross docstring

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Wed Mar 14 11:54:46 EST 2007

>However, I just lost some precious minutes because of the wrong
>docstring for method
>
>validate_request in Albatross latest online doc
>(http://object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/albatross/pack-app.html#l2h-272)
>
>Could it be updated, so that it explains what it means to return 0,
>and what it means to return 1?

I've changed this to read:

    \begin{methoddesc}[Application]{validate_request}{ctx}
    Returns \code{TRUE}.

    You should override this method in your application object if you need
    to validate browser requests before processing them. Returning False
    will prevent the browser request being merged into the local namespace
    and the page_process logic will not be called (see also the description
    of the Albatross Application Model in \ref{app-model}).
    \end{methoddesc}

The updated description will appear after the next Albatross release
(hopefully this week).