[albatross-users] Problem with command-line parsing. Affects OpenID auth

Uncle Zzzen unclezzzen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 14:53:33 EST 2007

Hi.
I'm trying to write an Albatross wrapper for OpenID, and one of the
phases of authentication is when the OpenID server redirects to
something like:
http://myserver/login_continue?openid.assoc_handle=%7BHMAC-SHA1%...
Nothing I can do about it. OpenID is not MY standard

openid.assoc_handle gets parsed and this raises an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/albatross/app.py", line 282, in run
    self.merge_request(ctx)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/albatross/app.py", line 366,
in merge_request
    ctx.merge_request()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/albatross/context.py", line
332, in merge_request
    self.set_value(name, value)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/albatross/context.py", line
418, in set_value
    parent = getattr(parent, elem)
AttributeError: Vars instance has no attribute 'openid'
    in al-input field "openid.assoc_handle"

I'm gonna patch the lib or something to make it work, but there should
be a sane way to cope with OpenID

Any help with tricks around this problem will be appreciated.

Cheers,
The Dod