[albatross-users] "Broken Pipe" tracebacks...

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Mon Jan 10 06:00:51 EST 2005

I can't offer you soild confirmation; but I can say I think you're right.
We have seen this mostly on apache 1.3 systems with mod_python that approach
a moderate load.  Moving sites to Apache 2.0 and also decreasing the traffic
to an Apache 1.3 box has shown to decrease the amount of these IOErrors.
Apache 2.0 shows almost none of these errors.

We've spent a good amount of effort tracking these down, and it looks like
more to do with Apache 1.3 with mod_python than anything of Albatross.  Our
setup isn't exactly the same as yours, as we use the mod_python content
handler to invoke Albatross over cgi, but I'd guess it's the same issue, esp
if you are on Apache 1.3.

Mike