[albatross-users] "Broken Pipe" tracebacks...

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Sun Jan 9 07:36:12 EST 2005

Hello,

I'm running a project that uses Albatross. Finally released our big project
in December. Only, technically, accessible to our own clients with
accounts, though...

http://www.QuestAdmin.net
(It's still kind of beta-ish, but good enough that we made it available to
our clients so they can view billing statements and such...)

I have the application set up to send me emails of the full Python
traceback if there are any "unhandled" exceptions, which I then trap and
redirect to an error page.

There is one type of error, however, that I'm seeing off and on...
namely the "Broken Pipe" error. Here is a portion of a traceback:

(the last few lines of it...)

  File "albatross/context.py", line 123, in flush_content
    self.send_content(data)
  File "albatross/app.py", line 107, in send_content
    self.request.write_content(data)
  File "albatross/cgiapp.py", line 52, in write_content
    sys.stdout.flush()
IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

Because we are running this app as CGI, and because I have, in test use,
actually caused this error myself but not been redirected to the error page
mentioned above, I think this is just a case of the connection to the
browser being closed before the cgiapp was able to completely flush the
content?
(We are running the latest stable version of albatross... 1.20.)

Was hoping for confirmation on this before I have my email function
disregard sending me emails of tracebacks for this particular error...

Thanks for any insights or clues...

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/