[albatross-users] popview example from documentation

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Tue May 13 11:40:19 EST 2003

--On Monday, May 12, 2003 6:36 PM -0700 Sheila King <sheila at thinkspot.net>
wrote:

> --On Tuesday, May 13, 2003 10:35 AM +1000 Andrew McNamara
> <andrewm at object-craft.com.au> wrote:
>
>>> Sheila> In Mozilla 1.3 it does't work at all. Clicking on the image
>>> Sheila> link to view the individual messages just returns me to the
>>> Sheila> list page, repeatedly.
>>>
>>> Odd.  The only time I have ever seen this is when I fiddled around
>>> with the application and started using an Application/Execution
>>> context class that assumed the session was somewhere else.
>>
>> The trick would be to see what the browser is actually submitting to
>> albatross. If you look at the Request class in albatross's cgiapp.py,
>> you'll see it uses Python's cgi.FieldStorage class - you could add some
>> debug to Request.__init__ to dump the contents of self.__fields to
>> stderr.
>
> I'm working on collecting such information. However, in the meantime,
> examining the error logs for the site, I see the following error in the
> error logs:
>
> [Mon May 12 21:31:17 2003] [error] [client x.x.x.x] File does not exist:
> /big/dom/xexample/www/icons/generic.gif
>
> I'm guessing that this is why it isn't working. Will stew over it a bit
> more.

For additional elaboration, here is a sample of one of the forms from the
list page:

<form method="post" action="/cgi-bin/popview1/popview.py"><input
type="image" src="/icons/generic.gif" border="0" name="detail"><input
type="hidden" name="msgnum" value="2"><input type="hidden"
name="__albform__"
value="eJwL5XC/zO23v5j3efSGTJVF/bWFjBqhbLnF6XmluYVM3gyhbCmpJYmZOYXM3gylegCN
GQ+3
">
<input type="hidden" name="__albstate__"
value="eJzb7Ti99+MbwciK1Yd2zj86t7y2kFEjlKO0OLUoLzE3tZAplCU3sSSjkDmUIz6+IDE9
NT6+kCWU
JSezuKSQNZStILG4uDylkC2UE6TKKD3fpLSQvVQPAO5xH+o=
">
</form>