[albatross-users] popview example from documentation

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Tue May 13 11:36:27 EST 2003

First of all, I want to thank Andrew for the additional elaboration
provided. That helps a great deal.

--On Tuesday, May 13, 2003 10:35 AM +1000 Andrew McNamara
<andrewm at object-craft.com.au> wrote:

>> Sheila> In Mozilla 1.3 it does't work at all. Clicking on the image
>> Sheila> link to view the individual messages just returns me to the
>> Sheila> list page, repeatedly.
>>
>> Odd.  The only time I have ever seen this is when I fiddled around
>> with the application and started using an Application/Execution
>> context class that assumed the session was somewhere else.
>
> The trick would be to see what the browser is actually submitting to
> albatross. If you look at the Request class in albatross's cgiapp.py,
> you'll see it uses Python's cgi.FieldStorage class - you could add some
> debug to Request.__init__ to dump the contents of self.__fields to stderr.

I'm working on collecting such information. However, in the meantime,
examining the error logs for the site, I see the following error in the
error logs:

[Mon May 12 21:31:17 2003] [error] [client x.x.x.x] File does not exist:
/big/dom/xexample/www/icons/generic.gif

I'm guessing that this is why it isn't working. Will stew over it a bit
more.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/