[albatross-users] Default Macro Args and Simple Macro Args.

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Thu Jul 24 02:59:35 EST 2003

Matt Goodall wrote:

> Gregory Bond wrote:
>
>> I've just added a couple of sections to the FeatureRequests page of
>> the Wiki
>>     http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/wiki/FeatureRequests
>>
>> with some (updated for 1.10) patches for simplifying the handling of
>> macro arguments.
>>
>> Dave & Andrew have debated putting this in to Albatross and aparently
>> fail to
>> see the inherent beauty and reasonableness of this suggestion, so I'm
>> putting
>> it up here in case anyone else is interested!
>>
> I like the ideas, especially the Simple Macro Args. For me, that would
> reduce the amount of code to use a macro quite a lot. There are two
> types of args I pass to macros: simple, parameter-like strings and
> blocks of HTML. Simple Macros Args makes the simple, parameter-like
> strings more bearable to type and makes the template code easier to read.

I also want a second this.  As it happens, I was looking into macros yesterday
and I found them a relatively easy to understand concept (at least 80 percent of
the way).  when I saw the proposed patches, it was a wonderful simplification of
the macro concepts and I hope that these patches find their way into the
official source tree.  I'm seriously considering using them as part of camram
and shipping a patched albatross as part of the package.

---eric