[albatross-users] Default Macro Args and Simple Macro Args.

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Wed Jul 23 19:40:48 EST 2003

Gregory Bond wrote:

>I've just added a couple of sections to the FeatureRequests page of the Wiki
>	http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/wiki/FeatureRequests
>with some (updated for 1.10) patches for simplifying the handling of macro
>arguments.
>
>Dave & Andrew have debated putting this in to Albatross and aparently fail to
>see the inherent beauty and reasonableness of this suggestion, so I'm putting
>it up here in case anyone else is interested!

I like the ideas, especially the Simple Macro Args. For me, that would
reduce the amount of code to use a macro quite a lot. There are two
types of args I pass to macros: simple, parameter-like strings and
blocks of HTML. Simple Macros Args makes the simple, parameter-like
strings more bearable to type and makes the template code easier to read.

Personally, I'm not quite so bothered about the Default Macro Args idea
although I can see how it would be useful. I actually implemented a very
similar box decorator as a custom tag. My version was a bit more complex
(it chooses foreground and border colours based on the background
colour) so is probably better as a custom tag but for simpler UI
components the Default Macros Args could be easier.

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
w: http://www.pollenationinternet.com