[albatross-users] New get_page_from_uri functionality

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Tue Jul 15 11:17:39 EST 2003

>>>>> "Matt" == Matt Goodall <matt at pollenation.net> writes:

Matt> I've just made use of the new method, get_page_from_uri, that
Matt> Dave added a week or so ago. It works very nicely - thanks Dave.

It seems like such an obvious feature in retrospect.

Matt> I now have a page module, assets.py, which handles all requests
Matt> for the /assets uri tree, i.e. /assets/styles/default.css sends
Matt> the content of styles/default.css straight from the file system
Matt> to the browser.

Cool.  It does open up all sorts of weird and wonderful URL schemes.

Matt> I'll try to add this as an example to the Wiki when I have a few
Matt> minutes. Feel free to hassle me to do this sooner if it would be
Matt> useful to you.

It would be excellent to get an example up there.

Matt> Thanks again Dave.

My pleasure.  Thanks for taking it for a spin.