[albatross-users] unscriptable object

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Tue Jul 15 10:58:33 EST 2003

>yes, validating HTML is a huge job.  However, the task gets much smaller
>if you ask the question "is this a valid HTML/albatross string".  then you
>would catch misspellings like the one I made without adding a huge amount
>of weight.  The hard part then becomes combing the HTML documentation for
>valid symbols or strings or whatever you want to call them.
>
>additionally, this does not need to be a hard and fast error but can
>simply be a syslog directed warning turned on by explicit call.

Validation is something that's only of interest to the developer - it's
probably better to have a stand-alone validator that you run over the
templates while developing them, than to wear the cost of validation
every time to run a template.

I'd presume there are HTML validators out there than can be taught
about albatross's tags, although it would be difficult with things like
<al-if><al-else></al-endif>.