[albatross-users] unscriptable object

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Jul 15 10:43:26 EST 2003

Dave Cole wrote:
> Eric> you have an interesting problem.  How do you syntax check when
> Eric> you pass through all of the things that the manager keywords.
> Eric> Maybe we should start building a "safe-to-pass" dictionary?
>
> Rather than try to validate HTML all we do is look for the attributes
> that are important to Albatross.  Validating HTML is a pretty big job.

yes, validating HTML is a huge job.  However, the task gets much smaller if you
ask the question "is this a valid HTML/albatross string".  then you would catch
misspellings like the one I made without adding a huge amount of weight.  The
hard part then becomes combing the HTML documentation for valid symbols or
strings or whatever you want to call them.

additionally, this does not need to be a hard and fast error but can simply be a
syslog directed warning turned on by explicit call.

just an idea and worth exactly what you paid for it.  ;-)

---eric