[albatross-users] unscriptable object

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Tue Jul 15 10:14:25 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 00:58, Dave Cole wrote:

> >> Try using nameexpr="categorize"
>
> Eric> bingo.  that was it.
>
> >> It looks like it may be a good idea to check that input fields have
> >> a non-None name in the template interpreter...
>
> Eric> you have an interesting problem.  How do you syntax check when
> Eric> you pass through all of the things that the manager keywords.
> Eric> Maybe we should start building a "safe-to-pass" dictionary?
>
> Rather than try to validate HTML all we do is look for the attributes
> that are important to Albatross.  Validating HTML is a pretty big job.

Only "pretty big"? ;-)

The way Albatross only processes known attributes, passing through
unknown attributes untouched, is crucial to its success as a templating
engine. I have used (and discarded) a number of templating engines that
tamper with attributes or plain refuse to let them through ... that's so
annoying.

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd