[albatross-users] check boxes again.

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Sat Jul 12 17:11:32 EST 2003

>>>>> "Matt" == Matt Goodall <matt at pollenation.net> writes:

Matt> On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 01:26, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
>> Q: how do I get a complete list of all checkboxes checked and
>> unchecked just like you can with ordinary CGI

Matt> Are you sure CGI does this? As far as I was aware browsers only
Matt> send a request parameter for a checkbox when it is checked. If
Matt> the browser doesn't send a request parameter how can CGI even
Matt> know there were unchecked checkboxes on the page? Perhaps the
Matt> browser behaves differently when the form data is posted?

The browser never sends checkbox fields that are not checked.  That is
one of the reasons for the NameRecorderMixin.  It records all of the
input fields in a form (in the __albstate__ hidden field) so that the
request merging can do things like clear the value associated with an
unchecked checkbox.