[albatross-users] check boxes again.

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Sun Jul 6 12:26:54 EST 2003

Matt Goodall wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 01:26, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
>

>>Q: how do I get a complete list of all checkboxes checked and unchecked just
>>like you can with ordinary CGI
>

> Are you sure CGI does this? As far as I was aware browsers only send a
> request parameter for a checkbox when it is checked. If the browser
> doesn't send a request parameter how can CGI even know there were
> unchecked checkboxes on the page? Perhaps the browser behaves
> differently when the form data is posted?

well, I must admit I have definitely opened my mouth and removed all doubt on
that on point...

I went back and looked at the code I was using.  I had considered each display
line an object and stored within each line a hidden variable containing the
original token of the spamtrap entry. Then on processing (surprise, surprise) I
look at the differences between those stored in hidden variables and those
returned in checkboxes and derive two lists.  (Sigh, thump, thump)

I still think it would be a cool idea if albatross could do this (i.e. return a
list of tuples indicating which checkbox and its state) but that's as far as I
think I should probably go at this time.

---eric