[albatross-users] check boxes again.

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Sat Jul 12 17:12:18 EST 2003

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Cole <djc at object-craft.com.au> writes:

>>>>> "Matt" == Matt Goodall <matt at pollenation.net> writes:
Matt> On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 01:26, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
>>> Q: how do I get a complete list of all checkboxes checked and
>>> unchecked just like you can with ordinary CGI

Matt> Are you sure CGI does this? As far as I was aware browsers only
Matt> send a request parameter for a checkbox when it is checked. If
Matt> the browser doesn't send a request parameter how can CGI even
Matt> know there were unchecked checkboxes on the page? Perhaps the
Matt> browser behaves differently when the form data is posted?

Dave> The browser never sends checkbox fields that are not checked.
Dave> That is one of the reasons for the NameRecorderMixin.  It
Dave> records all of the input fields in a form (in the __albstate__
Ooops, make that the __albform__ field.