[albatross-users] [patch] get_uri -> get_path_info changes

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Wed Jul 9 19:44:09 EST 2003

In light of the problem Sheila found, below are some comments on the
patches.

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 18:03, Matt Goodall wrote:

>     01.base_url.patch - a patch to fix my previous patch. Already
>     applied by Dave I think.

This was clearly the wrong solution as the original base_url patch did
not consider that the base_url might not be absolute.

>     02.fcgiapp_get_header.patch - erm, see above ;-). Already applied by
>     Andrew

Necessary and already applied.

>     03.httpdapp.patch - simplified version of Request.get_uri().

Not necessary but still an improvement. It's kind of irrelevant though
as it doesn't work with the old base_url stuff.

>     04.get_path_info.patch - introduces get_path_info() methods into the
>     request adapters.

Not much point with 05 but it may be useful anyway. Dave/Andrew, it's up
to you.

>     05.use_path_info.patch - switch from using Request.get_uri() to
>     Request.get_path_info(). This affects how the random page loader
>     works and how the current and redirect urls are calculated.

Completely breaks redirect_url when the base_url is not absolute. Do not
apply.

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd