[albatross-users] [patch] get_uri -> get_path_info changes

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Wed Jul 9 03:03:19 EST 2003

WARNING: This email contains experimental patches which may be harmful
to small children and production systems.

Attached are a series of patches that are sitting on my machine, some of
which have already been accepted and applied:

    01.base_url.patch - a patch to fix my previous patch. Already
    applied by Dave I think.

    02.fcgiapp_get_header.patch - erm, see above ;-). Already applied by
    Andrew

    03.httpdapp.patch - simplified version of Request.get_uri().

    04.get_path_info.patch - introduces get_path_info() methods into the
    request adapters.

    05.use_path_info.patch - switch from using Request.get_uri() to
    Request.get_path_info(). This affects how the random page loader
    works and how the current and redirect urls are calculated.

All patches are based on 1.10pre2 and were applied in the order above.

I feel that I am getting a little out of my depth with these changes in
that I'm not entirely sure what effect they may have on the rest of the
framework. What I can say is that the popview5 and form4 samples still
work and that a simple application (two linked pages, one with basic
form processing) written as RandomModularSessionApp and SimpleSessionApp
is working in cgi, fcgi, mod_python and httpdapp mode. These simple apps
also work behind a mod_rewrite rule which previously failed for me and
is the cause of my experimentation.

I would really, really appreciate some feedback on the path_info changes
since the mod_rewrite stuff could be quite important to me.

I think I'd better do some real work tomorrow :(.

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
w: http://www.pollenationinternet.com