[albatross-users] Upgrade problems to albatross 1.10pre2

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Wed Jul 9 16:42:14 EST 2003

>> As a workaround, can you try setting base_url to 'mgr.py/' (note the
>> addition of a slash to the end of the string)?
>
>OK, well this resulted in a very weird error.
>
>Instead of sending me to
>
>http://www.example.com/cgi-bin/qa_auth/mgr.py/login
>
>which is where it *should* send me, it sent me to the following:
>
>http://www.example.com/cgi-b/login
>
>which resulted in a 404 error from my web site's Apache server (i.e.
>the usual 404 page for my site, and not the Bad URL error from
>albatross)

Ha. So much for that idea. The cause of the problem is Matt Goodall's
patch to allow random page applications to work with his standalone
server. Until we work out a solution that allows both deployment methods
to work, it's probably enough just to revert this change - randompage.py,
line 26:

            page = uri_path.split(base_path, 1)[1]

should be changed to read:

            page = uri_path.split(base_path + '/', 1)[1]