[albatross-users] Upgrade problems to albatross 1.10pre2

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Wed Jul 9 17:03:05 EST 2003

--On Wednesday, July 09, 2003 4:42 PM +1000 Andrew McNamara
<andrewm at object-craft.com.au> wrote:

> >> As a workaround, can you try setting base_url to 'mgr.py/' (note
> >> the addition of a slash to the end of the string)?
> >
> > OK, well this resulted in a very weird error.
> >
> > Instead of sending me to
> >
> > http://www.example.com/cgi-bin/qa_auth/mgr.py/login
> >
> > which is where it *should* send me, it sent me to the following:
> >
> > http://www.example.com/cgi-b/login
> >
> > which resulted in a 404 error from my web site's Apache server
> > (i.e.  the usual 404 page for my site, and not the Bad URL error
> > from  albatross)
>
> Ha. So much for that idea. The cause of the problem is Matt
> Goodall's patch to allow random page applications to work with his
> standalone server. Until we work out a solution that allows both
> deployment methods to work, it's probably enough just to revert
> this change - randompage.py, line 26:
>
>             page = uri_path.split(base_path, 1)[1]
>
> should be changed to read:
>
>             page = uri_path.split(base_path + '/', 1)[1]

OK, well that gets me past that error. Now I have to deal with the
fact that I've apparently got a problem due to setting session vars
before they exist in the local name space (which is an error now, and
didn't used to be).

Also, there is now something weird with the way the headers are being
written, and the headers are appearing in my web page.

Thanks for your help so far. I don't think I would have figured out
the path problems with the page module on my own.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/