example code (was Re: [albatross-users] Re: Albatross-users digest, Vol 1 #177 - 13 msgs)

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Jul 1 22:34:58 EST 2003

Dave Cole wrote:

> Matt> Cameron Blackwood wrote:
>
>>>Actually, one thing that I think Albatross __REALLY__ __REALLY__
>>>needs are some simple example/skeleton code fragments. Maybe this
>>>should be a list effort, not something we all wait for
>>>object-craft.com.au to do.
>>>

> Matt> I would be more than happy to help out with this. I also think
> Matt> that HOWTOs and an FAQ (built from posts to the mailing list)
> Matt> would be really useful. A wiki seems like a good place for this
> Matt> sort of documentation as the list memers could then contribute
> Matt> too ... leaving Dave time to update the official documentation
> Matt> ;-).
>
> Matt> Dave, Andrew - any chance of getting a public wiki on the object
> Matt> craft web server?
>
> I think that is an excellent idea.  Why didn't we think of that...

having acquired a fair degree of scar tissue in this area over the past year, go
for simple (install, use) and try to find something with a revision history
capability in case you get the occasional fine witted moron who decides to pee
in the public pool.

I believe the current version of moinmoin satisfies this requirement.  I've used
twiki and while it is simple to use, its registration requirements for users,
configuration, and set up complexity reveal its perlish nature.

---eric