[albatross-users] Duplicate Cookies after unhandled exception in Random SessionFile

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Mon Aug 18 02:11:27 EST 2003

--On Saturday, August 16, 2003 10:02 AM +0100 Matt Goodall
<matt at pollenation.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 18:39, Sheila King wrote:

>> However, in the meantime I had applied Matt Goodall's cookie path patch
>> for  session.py and sessionfile.py and thought that maybe I would not
>> see this  problem again.
>
> Oh, that's what I was going to suggest ;-).
>
>> But it occurred again today, and not where I have cascading errors, and
... <snip> ...

> Is the problem easily repeatable? If so, can you check the path of the
> two (or more) cookies or, even better, distill the problem into a
> minimal example and post it here.

Hrrrm (insert clearing throat sounds here).

My web site was cracked this past week (a few days ago) and I had to delete
it all and re-install everything fresh.

It seems that when I re-installed Albatross I did not have the cookie-path
patch applied to it. I had applied it earlier, and thought I'd made it part
of my archive, but apparently not. :(

If I do see this behavior again, I will distill it down to a simple example
to demonstrate it.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/