[albatross-users] Duplicate Cookies after unhandled exception in Random SessionFile

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Tue Aug 26 04:29:35 EST 2003

--On Saturday, August 16, 2003 10:02 AM +0100 Matt Goodall
<matt at pollenation.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 18:39, Sheila King wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> However, in the meantime I had applied Matt Goodall's cookie path patch
>> for  session.py and sessionfile.py and thought that maybe I would not
>> see this  problem again.
>
> Oh, that's what I was going to suggest ;-).
>

>> But it occurred again today, and not where I have cascading errors, and
>> I  did get the traceback for the unhandled exception displayed to the
>> browser.  But what happens now, is when I got to the login page to try
>> and log in  again, I get two cookies and am unable to establish a valid
>> session without  going into my browser preferences and manually deleting
>> the cookies.
>
> Is the problem easily repeatable? If so, can you check the path of the
> two (or more) cookies or, even better, distill the problem into a
> minimal example and post it here.

Just a "heads up" that I've been stung by the corrupted-double-cookie
scenario again, and this time I have double- and triple-checked and I do
have Matt Goodall's patched versions of session.py and sessionfile.py
installed on my server, to explicitly set the cookie path.

I know that this occurs as a result of the app throwing an unhandled
exception. I'm using a RandomModularApp.

I'll try to put together a simply example that illustrates this problem,
but it is going to take me a good week or more until I have the time to sit
down and do it. Just wanted to toss a "heads up" that this problem is still
occurring.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/