[albatross-users] Is Albatross right for my app?

George Pauly george at ringdevelopment.com
Thu Nov 9 11:10:32 EST 2006

I'm working on a stateful ajax/comet app.  This involves maintaining
state for the client browser app over a long period with many
interprocess communications to a server daemon.  Ideally, this would be
runnable on a shared hosting ISP running *nix/Apache.  This might
involve a cgi intermediate that plugs into the daemon.

Albatross' server daemon sounds like it might help, but I don't think I
need all the template/page/macro parts.

Any advice appreciated.

If the advice is to develop a custom daemon app, why did Albatross go
with sockets instead of named pipes for interprocess communication?

Thanks,

George

--
George Pauly