[albatross-users] labels

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Mon Feb 20 10:24:52 EST 2006

>Another related question. Using those id's, i'm trying to add labels to
>my web application.
>
>First I tried to this :
>
><label for="<al-value expr="s_label" noescape>"> Stations : </label>
>
>but the <al-value> tag is not interpreted.

Hmmm - that should have worked.

>I transformed it to the following which is pretty dirty ... :
>
><al-value expr="'<label for=' + s_label + '>'"
>noescape>Stations :</label>
>
>Is there a more subtle way to do that ?

I'd suggest:

    <al-label forexpr="s_label">Stations :</al-label>

However, the above is slightly different to what you have - do you really
want the noescape - it's a safety measure, and should really be retained
if possible?

>I did not find in the documentation information on how albatross tags
>are interpreted. Is there some information on that somewhere on the
>web ?

The documentation is included with Albatross, and it does describe all
this in excruciating detail (the biggest problem is finding the bit you
need).

The latest version of the doco is also available on the Object Craft
web site:

    http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/albatross/