[albatross-users] ALbatross 1.33

Stefan.Stirzaker at health.gov.au Stefan.Stirzaker at health.gov.au
Wed Apr 5 13:44:54 EST 2006

HI All,

Has anyone had this problem?  I have installed albatross 1.33 but when I
try and start it, it fails and when I run the tests in the test directory
they all pass except one test which comes up with "cannot connect to
session server".

Anythoughts on what I've done wrong to not make Albatross start up?

The script I'm using is

start() {
        local _log_prefix='/var/log/albatross'
        local _subsystem='al-session-daemon'

        /bin/su -l albatross -s /bin/sh -c \
                "/usr/local/src/bin/al-session-daemon
--pidfile=${_log_prefix}/$
{_subsystem}.pid  --log=${_log_prefix}/${_subsystem}.log start > /dev/null
2>&1"
 < /dev/null

        [ "$?" -eq 0 ] && success || failure
        touch /var/lock/subsys/albatross

        return $?
}

Stefan Stirzaker
Office of Health Protection
Surveillance Branch
Surveillance Policy & Systems Section
(02) 6289 4576

"Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain confidential or legally privileged information.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error please notify the author immediately
and delete all copies of this transmission."