[albatross-users] How to configure Albatross auth with existing LDAP ?

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Wed Mar 2 15:12:55 EST 2005

>How to configure Albatross auth with existing LDAP ?
>I know that it is possible to configure Apache to use LDAP, also it is
>possible to use LDAP directly in python using python-ldap. What is
>recommended way to handle authorization/authentification in web
>application with LDAP?

You could, of course, just have Apache authenticate via PAM and configure
PAM to use LDAP. If I remember correctly, Apache puts the authenticated
user name in an environment variable.

There are also python bindings for OpenLDAP - this is probably a better
way to go, since LDAP is good for far more than just authentication,
and this path would give you access to other LDAP data.

Albatross doesn't provide any support in this area.