[albatross-users] Greetings

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Thu Feb 3 14:15:53 EST 2005

>What a great design!

Thanks!

>And now for my first question... Any way to support cookies?  (I mean,
>actual site cookies for long-term persistence, beyond storing session IDs.)
>My best guess at the moment is to take what I need from the (CGI,
>mod_python, etc.) Request object and tweak it before wrapping it in the
>albatross Request, because I don't seem to be able to find it after that.
>Maybe I'm missing something dumb and obvious.

Have a look at how Albatross does it's cookie handling - the
SessionCookieMixin class in albatross/session.py.

SessionCookieMixin._set_sesid_cookie() uses set_header - when adding
another cookie, you should use add_header (append) rather than set_header
(which will overwrite the cookie set by _set_sesid_cookie().

Hope this gives you some ideas.