[albatross-users] Flushing content during page processing

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Mon Mar 15 14:06:36 EST 2004

I have some very large pages that I will be working with in certain
circumstances. It involves having a large query set returned from a MySQL
query and needing to process and display many rows of output.

I'm going to be trying to see if I can use the flush_content() method for
flushing the output to the browser every few rows or so.

In reference to this statement from the documentation:
"Does nothing if a content trap stack is in effect,..."

I would guess, that if I have a template for the page (I'm using the random
page access model), that since the page is basically something along these
lines:

<al-macro name="pagetemplatename">

...other stuff in here...

</al-macro>

That the content trap stack will be in effect, in that case? So, I guess I
either can't use a template that encloses the entire page, or else I can't
flush bit by bit?

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/