[albatross-users] newbie (coming from java) question

Didrik Pinte pinted at tiscali.be
Thu Jun 3 16:48:40 EST 2004

Le mer 02/06/2004 à 11:40, Didrik Pinte a écrit :
> class ListPage:
>     '''This page shows the list of results due to the search
>     '''
>
>     name = 'list'
>
>     def page_enter(self, ctx):
>         ctx.locals.doclist = []
>         ctx.add_session_vars('doclist')
>
>     def page_process(self,ctx):
>         if ctx.req_equals('detail'):
>             ctx.set_page('detail')
>         elif ctx.req_equals('recherche'):
>             container = getContainer()
>             for result in
> container.searchContains('title',ctx.locals.title):
>                 ctx.locals.doclist.append(result)
>             if len(ctx.locals.doclist)<1 :
>                 ctx.locals.error = "No document found"
>                 ctx.set_page('error')
>             else :
>                 ctx.add_session_vars('doclist')
>
>     def page_display(self,ctx):
>         ctx.load_template('headers.html').to_html(ctx)
>         ctx.load_template('footer.html').to_html(ctx)
>         ctx.run_template('list.html')

Ok, i've added some debug to the page. I'm just printing out the name of
the method called.

It seems that it never goes in the page_process() method ...

The workflow is this :

1) SearchPage : a form where the user enters a title, then submit de the
from. Here is the class :

class SearchPage:
    ''' This is the first page of the application. It contains a form
with some fields that will be used to search the metadata
    '''
    name = 'search'

    def page_enter(self, ctx):
        #Initialises the variables of the form to None
        ctx.locals.title = ctx.locals.denomination =
ctx.locals.description = None

    def page_process(self,ctx):
        if ctx.req_equals('recherche'):
            ctx.set_page('list')

    def page_display(self,ctx):
        ctx.run_template('search.html')

2) Using the submit input name (recherche), the user must be redirected
to the ListPage using the page_process() method of SearchPage, no ?

Didrik