[albatross-users] some architecture questions

Stan Pinte stanpinte at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 22 02:12:55 EST 2004

hello,

I friend of mine, heavy user of albatross, says it has got two major
flaws.

As I think albatross is excellent piece of software, I would like your
opinion about these flaws:

-1: albatross cannot do database connection pooling, which kills the
server in a heavy-access situation. (Indeed, it it runs under apache,
and as apache is not multi-threaded, we cannot share sessions among
processes).

-2: albatross do not handle the "back" button, as it is based on a
"state machine" for page flow control.

Any workarounds for these stuff would be of great interest to me.

thanks a lot,

Stan.