[albatross-users] Albatross development preview1.2-dev-20040114

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Mon Jan 26 00:59:47 EST 2004

> Is there actually a problem with making a <al-a> link a full
> (correctly
> generated) URL? I can't see why that would be the case but I haven't
> thought about it much.

I think the better question is what the need would be?  Often the reason
I'm building a full link is because I need to change the protocol,
servername, or port - most commonly to send someone to a secure section.
I also have pages that are sometimes available under both http/https and
several server names, not all of the same domain.

If al-a and ctx.request.redirect are sharing the same method, then I
think best would be to decouple al-a from redirect, and let al-a really
be a shorthand for <a href="<al-value expr="myloc">">, which is hard on
the eyes =p

Mike