[albatross-users] How to get https protocol from al-a tags?

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Tue Jan 13 09:16:43 EST 2004

In the app.py is the lines:

    def redirect_url(self, loc):
        new_base = self.absolute_base_url()
        return urlparse.urlunparse(('http',
self.request.get_servername(),
                                    new_base + loc, '', '', ''))

where it's going on.  You could change the http to https, but really
IMHO albatross shouldn't be putting http(s) and servername into a url,
prefixing with '/' at the beginning is a lot easier to move between
sites.  I've also done sites with wildcards for dns and servername, and
this would be a problem here too.  I don't know what the gain is for
building the full url, so there maybe a reason to have it, but changing
it to:

    def redirect_url(self, loc):
        return self.absolute_base_url() + loc

should solve your problem, but that's untested so you may need to test
it a bit.  Also if you add a ?dummy=1 to the end of your href, I think
albatross won't try to put in the full url - that or use expr instead as
I don't think it will do the full url either.  I'm not 100% because I
rarely use this tag.

Mike