[albatross-users] pagination with al-for

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Fri Jan 2 15:02:13 EST 2004

--On Thursday, January 01, 2004 9:01 AM +1100 Tim Churches
<tchur at optushome.com.au> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 03:25, Michael C. Neel wrote:
>> This has come up a few times here as well.  The iterator class used
>> doesn't have the methods needed for this.  We have talked about how we
>> could add firstpage, lastpage, and gotopage methods into the class.
>
> Just to second (or third) Sheila's and Mike's wishes for more
> sophisticated pagination facilities. The next phase of our work with
> Albatross (the work is primarily on an epidemiological analysis and
> reporting facility) will require this. Since Andrew McNamara will be
> working on this (the analysis facility) under contract, starting very
> shortly, it seems like a good opportunity to get these features into the
> core Albatross distribution.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim C
>

>> I would have had this in my Axe extensions already, but it's not as
>> simple as adding an alx-for tag.  You would also have to do an
>> alx-input, alx-img, and alx-a tag for the attributes to work.  That's
>> getting messy.  It would be better to patch albatross to put in this
>> support natively.
...<snippage>...
>> I'm open to all thoughts on this, good and bad.
>>
>> Mike

Well, I would very much look forward to seeing this functionality
incorporated into Albatross, and I do agree that it should be included.

However, I'm going to have to go ahead with my own solution in the
meantime, as the project I'm working on can't wait for a "someday soon"
solution. Gotta move on and do whatever I can to get my project going and
done.

So, either I will have to do some sort of extension with albatross tags, as
Mike mentioned.

However, I keep thinking that al-tree might do the trick for me here.

I could take my sequence of log entries, and parse it up myself into pages
and let each page of entries be a tree node and the list of entries on that
page be the children?

I haven't played with albatross tree objects yet, but unless I am totally
off the mark here, it seems that this may be the easiest solution for me
given the current albatross functionality? If I am totally off the mark,
could someone please slap me quick and set me straight here?

Thanks,

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/