[albatross-users] Announcement: Albatross in Debian

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe at paniq.net
Sat Feb 28 22:00:01 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 02:26, Andrew McNamara wrote:
> I briefly looked into what was involved in producing a debian package,
> but was scared off, so I really appreciate your work on this.

It's not that hard actually, you just have to take a million things into
account... :)

> I tend to agree - 2.1 seems to have been bypassed - I think the people who
> were stuck with old applications stayed with 1.5.2, then jumped directly to
> 2.2.  2.2 is more stable than 2.1 without breaking too much, and I think
> 2.3 will prove to more stable again.

There's an upcoming version of the package which fixes some issues. That
version will default to python 2.3 since it's the next default version
in Debian.

> Dia. Sigh.

I believe the next release of Dia will have addressed the issues you've
had with it. The downside is that your diagrams will have to be adjusted
-- and I've already promised to do it for you as soon as I can start
building the docs.

> This is a hard choice (it should only be the doc tests that fail) -
> there may be ways of solving it, but they won't be pretty. I'm a little
> reluctant to make the test harness more complicated because I worry that
> bugs will creep in.

Let's revisit this when I start running the build-time tests
automatically.

Cheers,
--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe at paniq.net>