[albatross-users] Announcement: Albatross in Debian

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe at paniq.net
Thu Feb 19 22:22:33 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 00:52, Michael C. Neel wrote:
> > I'm very happy to announce that Albatross has finally made
> > its way into
> > Debian unstable.
>
> > The packages contains the latest stable version of Albatross
> > (1.10). I'm
> > preparing to release a newer version as soon as a new stable
> > version is
> > released.
>
> Anyone else see the ironry here? =p

It was late. That's my only defense :)

Anyway, just a quick note for those who are not familiar with the Debian
release process: new and updated packages always enter "unstable" first.
At regular intervals, they are automatically moved to "testing" if they
satisfy some quality requirements. Finally, the packages in "testing"
will be frozen at some point and become the next "stable" version.

So being in Debian unstable is not neccessarily an indicator of the
quality of Albatross!

As a side note, perhaps Andrew and Dave could comment on the time-frame
of making a new stable release?

> On a serious note, good job for making this happen!

Thanks, I'm currently preparing a new version to address some minor
issues with the current package (mostly cosmetic).

Cheers,
--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe at paniq.net>