[albatross-users] Equivalent of PHP include

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Wed Feb 18 00:47:17 EST 2004

I've grabbed XML documents before with albatross.  Not sure a tag would
help, since it would be rare to include a document un-parsed inside of a
page, but it would be a simple tag.  The method I used was:

# page module
from urllib import urlopen

def page_process(ctx):
	 pagedata = urlopen("http://www.somesite.com/xml/news.rss")
	... doing stuff to pagedata ...
	ctx.locals._pageresult = pagedata

(Actually I parse pagedata inro a list of ocjects to al-for over).  I
suppose you could do:

<al-value expr='urlopen("http://www.somesite.com/xml/news.rss")'
noescape> and get output very similar to PHP.

remember, python is batteries included =p

Mike