[albatross-users] WSGI 'pre-PEP'

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Thu Aug 12 04:24:34 EST 2004

I'm sure some of the Object Craft guys and others on this list are also
on the Web SIG list as well, and have seen the threads on this
proposal.  I've posted to the SIG before and will still say I do not
completely understand what problem this pep is trying to solve.  In the
past i've not really bothered to understand, but now in the context of
is it something I might need to address in SnakeSkin or not I curious on
other thoughts here.

The pep seems to want to alter the way an albatross app is setup and
used.  The goal seems to be gaining the ability of taking the
application to any server, but i think it misses the concept of there
may be a framework (like albatross) inbetween the server and app.  Also,
albatross already abstracts this though request objects, and after the
last round of refactoring these are trivial to add.

So, like I said I'm not 100% on what the pep is actually proposing, but
I'm curious for the users and developers of Albatross to weigh in on
this and how it affects our doesn't affect albatross.

Mike

michael.neel at mediapulse.com
vice president of information systems
865.675.4455 x30