[albatross-users] Plans for next release?

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe at paniq.net
Sun Aug 8 02:46:24 EST 2004

We're getting a bit off-topic here, but hey...

On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 08:52 -0400, Michael Neel wrote:
> Yes, that's in a nutshell the difference between the Free Software people
> and the Open Source people.  I suppose it will be one of those great
> questions you can't really answer, like is a child born with the
> understanding of right from wrong, or is it learned?

Actually, the Open Source people have no stance on the issue, since Open
Source is only about a family of software development methodologies, and
does not concern issues of ethics or morality. ;) Still, the debate
predates software by more than 2000 years -- as far as we know, the
first recordings suggest it started off as a differing opinion between
the Sophists on the one hand, and Plato, Socrates and their followers on
the other.

> Still whatever you do, do not play that free software song anymore... =p

You can be quite sure I will not stop; however there is nothing in that
song that would hurt your ears. :)

> Remember they are aussies, and are asleep when we are awake, plus the
> weekend comes sooner to them than to us.  At least it did for me while I was
> stationed in Korea, so I assume it's the same down there.
>
> It's not so much if it's a fork or not, it is.  It's that it's a blessed
> fork that still works with the parent project and community =D.

You're right, I often forget that the earth is a spheroid. I'll just
have to wait for you guys to have a chance to sort things out.

Cheers,
--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe at paniq.net>