[albatross-users] al-comment tags

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Sun Oct 19 08:19:12 EST 2003

--On Sunday, October 19, 2003 11:02 AM +0100 Matt Goodall
<matt at pollenation.net> wrote:

> I agree it's a bit strange and I think I remember being caught by this
> too. However, I suspect it has more to do with keeping the template
> parser simple than a deliberate decision to enforce correct syntax
> within comment blocks.

I absolutely supposed the above to be true, and did not think I indicated
otherwise in my original post. I understand there are design trade-offs in
any type of decision such as this one.

Nevertheless, I am disappointed that I am unable to use al-comments as
*true* comments. I'm not really able to comment on whether this behavior
should be changed or not, as I do not understand all of the implications
and consequences of the change, except that I'm sure it requires more
processing and the code may be more difficult to write and therefore more
prone to parsing errors.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/