[albatross-users] URL style user inputs requiring a session server

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Wed Mar 26 09:58:38 EST 2003

>I'm not sure if this will help, but I'm messed around with CSS to create
>a sumbit button to look like a hyperlink, so that I can have a link
>submit a form (without resorting to javascript), and allow me to keep
>the session in the hidden fields.
>
>Mike
>
>.btn {=20
>	font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
>	font-size: 18px; color: #000000;
>	border-style: none;
>	background-color: #FFFFFF;
>	text-decoration: underline;
>	cursor: hand;
>}

I couldn't get this to work when I tried it yesterday (with Opera and
Mozilla as browsers) - in particular, I can't see anything in the style
that would trigger the rendering of the button as a link. For the markup,
I was using something like:

    <al-input type="submit" class="btn" name="foo" value="bar">