[albatross-users] revisiting checkboxes..

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Thu Jun 26 13:36:21 EST 2003

>this leaves me with (yet another) question.  How do you treat ctx.locals
>as a dictionary/array/whatever makes the easiest to programmatically
>create entries and search on them?  I remember experimenting very early on
>and it didn't seem like __getattr__ and family were present.  Am I just
>too sleep fogged?
>
>I've been playing around with locals.__dict__  to try and get a feel for
>what's there and at least I can see all of my spamtrap tokens but I wasn't
>able to access them as .local.xxx variables.
>
>  for entry in context.locals.__dict__:
>             if entry.find("token") <>-1:
>                 syslog.syslog(entry)

This is essentially the same thing (although it's also dumping the value of
the variables):

        for attr, value in vars(ctx.locals).items():
            if attr.beginswith('token'):
                syslog.syslog('%s %s' % (attr, value))

My preference would be to build a class to collect all the token
attributes in one place, somewhat like the example I posted
originally. There's many variations possible, of course.