[albatross-users] setting value field

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Thu Jun 26 00:06:59 EST 2003

     > I've just been doing something like this:
     >
     > if ctx.has_value('submit'):
     >     # do the submit stuff
     > elif ctx.has_value('cancel'):
     >     # do the cancel stuff
     >
     > etc...
     >
     > Where 'submit' or 'cancel' or what have you is the name
     > of the submit-type
     > form element.
     >
     > I don't see any downside to this technique?

The difference between req_equals and has_value is slight, but can catch
you off guard.

for req_equals to be true there must exists that name in the ctx.lcoals
AND it must have been submitted in the last request.

has_value checks is true only if the name exists in the ctx.locals
namespace.

So has_value can come from stored session data; req_equals must be in
the form.  You're probably not going to do a
ctx.add_session_vars('submit'), so in pratice they can both be used for
this kind of work.

Mike