[albatross-users] <al-input> (more sweet mysteries of life

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Wed Jun 25 03:39:25 EST 2003

OMG. A question *I* can answer (instead of just asking questions all the
time). See below:

--On Tuesday, June 24, 2003 9:59 AM -0400 "Eric S. Johansson"
<esj at harvee.org> wrote:

> reading the fine manual, I come to find out that valueexpr is ignored for
> anything other than radio buttons and checkboxes.  I tried a couple of
> tricks  with al-value but haven't found anything to work right.  It's
> beginning to look  like I cannot do a simple variable substitution for
> the value field argument.  Any pointers or ideas?

Try this:

<al-input name="somename" expr="myvalue">

where myvalue is some al-value type of thing you want (like a
ctx.locals.myvalue type of expression, but omit ctx.locals, as that is
understood within the tags).

Here's an example tag from my own application:

<al-input type="text" name="email1" expr="_client.emails.email1">

_client is an instance of a class that has attribute emails (an Email
class) with attribute email1 (which is a string type).

This inserts the pre-existing value of email1 into the form's input element
for me.

HTH,

--
Sheila King