[albatross-users] displaying two-dimensional arrays of data

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Tue Jun 24 07:49:50 EST 2003

     > question: does the lval names get put into the
     > context.local.<blah> namespace or
     > are they in their own namespace?  I'm worried about
     > overwriting data on trying
     > to bring into the template.

Vars in the template are all in the ctx.locals namespace; which is also
merged with the request.  If you have some vars you don't want to be
messed with by the request, prefix them with an _ (i.e.
ctx.locals._username) so they can't be hacked with.

     > don't need to be (but you should for style sheets.
     > Dammed powerful).  Let's look
     > at the original source again:

I work with some good designers who know the client side stuff really
well so they usally just give me the JS/CSS code ;)

     > ostensibly, I would use a <al-input type="checkbox" ...>
     > so the question becomes
     > how do I fit in my "onclick..." statement.  It is
     > albatross sufficiently clever
     > that if it encounters a field it doesn't recognize, it
     > just passes it through to
     > the HTML?

Yes, any attrib albatross doesn't handel or need to change it just
passed though; so id, name, onchange, etc will all work.

Mike