[albatross-users] displaying two-dimensional arrays of data

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Jun 24 07:04:56 EST 2003

Michael C. Neel wrote:
> I prefer to use an al-exec to get friendly names, such as:
>
> <al-for expr="mylist" iter="line">
> 	<al-exec expr="name, title, company, etc = mylist.value()">
> 	<al-value expr="name">
>
> If things are more complex I build an array of objects, and pull them
> out as such:
>
> <al-for expr="mylist" iter="line">
> 	<al-exec expr="person = mylist.value()">
> 	<al-value expr="person.name">

this is great.  This is the kind of thing that should be in a helpful hints/best
practices/cookbook section of the documentation.

question: does the lval names get put into the context.local.<blah> namespace or
are they in their own namespace?  I'm worried about overwriting data on trying
to bring into the template.

>      > Second question is on the addition of JavaScript and
>      > style sheet elements to
>
> Not really up on JS and CSS to help here

don't need to be (but you should for style sheets. Dammed powerful).  Let's look
at the original source again:

<input type="checkbox" name="cbbc7b1bd5ae6cfd29" value="bc7b1bd5ae6cfd29"
onclick="CCA(this,'mystery');DownReset();" >

ostensibly, I would use a <al-input type="checkbox" ...> so the question becomes
how do I fit in my "onclick..." statement.  It is albatross sufficiently clever
that if it encounters a field it doesn't recognize, it just passes it through to
the HTML?

---eric