[albatross-users] displaying two-dimensional arrays of data

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Tue Jun 24 06:53:59 EST 2003

     > First question is if I'm displaying a two-dimensional
     > array of data and input
     > mechanisms, is there any "official" way of doing this.
     > I've built a list of a
     > list and within the template, use a <al-for> loop to
     > pull elements of of the
     > parent list and then decompose the element into its
     > component pieces using
     > simple indexing (i.e. <al-value expr="line.value()[2]">.
     >  This technique seems
     > rather awkward but I'm trying to make it work the best I can.

I prefer to use an al-exec to get friendly names, such as:

<al-for expr="mylist" iter="line">
	<al-exec expr="name, title, company, etc = mylist.value()">
	<al-value expr="name">

If things are more complex I build an array of objects, and pull them
out as such:

<al-for expr="mylist" iter="line">
	<al-exec expr="person = mylist.value()">
	<al-value expr="person.name">

     > Second question is on the addition of JavaScript and
     > style sheet elements to

Not really up on JS and CSS to help here