[albatross-users] Stand-alone Albatross

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Thu Jun 19 19:32:55 EST 2003

Tim Churches wrote:

> [...]

Brilliant, another beta tester ... that's two of us ;-). I need it for a
standalone, single user application running on Windows XP.

>How are you implementing the HTTP server? Using the CGI
>Server classes in the standard Python library?

It is a BaseHTTPServer with a custom RequestHandler. I use the cgi
module to help decode the request. I thought about using asyncore or
Medusa but decided to go for the easy option first, particularly as I am
not concerned with scalability and performance.

>Do you plan to release this code, or contribute it to Albatross?

Yes and yes. Albatross seems like the best place for it if Dave and
Andrew want it in there. Dave seemed quite keen when I mentioned it in a
private email but I guess it depends on whether the implementation is
right for a general purpose server. It's probably fantastic for us
developers anyway - no need for a bulky Apache installation (or IIS if
you're unlucky).

I will hopefully post it to the list soon.

- Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
e: matt at pollenationinternet.com