[albatross-users] how to play with the samples ?

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Wed Jul 30 09:32:32 EST 2003

>I've downloaded the tar file.
>But before install it I would like to test it. Thus
>I've added Albatross-1.10 to my python path.
>If I go to sample/extension, I can run cal.py and get
>an html file with calandar (it's correct).
>
>BUT
>
>How to test it with al-hhtpd ?
>with CGIHTTPServer, I've got errors like
>'TemplateLoadError: ./cal.html: No such file or
>directory' Despite that the file is wel there (in
>cgi-bin like cal.py).
>(I don't want to install apache)

"al-httpd" only went into the latest version - we haven't thought about
running the samples under it.

The samples are installed on our web server - if you browse the online
form of the documentation, you will find links to them:

    http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/albatross/

The sample paths look like:

    http://www.object-craft.com.au/cgi-bin/alsamp/simple4/simple.py/main.html