[albatross-users] illuminating text

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Wed Jul 30 08:09:02 EST 2003

found in Python: essential reference; second edition

page 65, chapter 6

""" finally, starting in Python 2.1, functions and methods can have arbitrary
attributes attached to them.  For example:

def foo():
	print "hello world"

foo.secure = 1
foo.private = 1

function attributes are stored in a dictionary that is available as the __dict__
attributes of a function or method.

the primary use of function attributes is in specialized applications such as
parser generators or network applications that would like to attach additional
information to a function.  Previously, the docstring was the only place to
store such information.
"""

I wish I had remembered that bit of text when I had started using albatross.  It
might have made things a bit less crank inspiring.  ;-)

By the way, I'm having good success and even though my HTML templates are still,
shall we say, primitive, they are improving with time and scar tissue.

---eric